Have a passion for the big stage? Head over to Montville's Barn Theater this weekend. There will be open auditions on Saturday for their next production: Christmas in the Land of Oz.
To be directed by Erin Wilbur Gilgur, Christmas in the Land of Oz is adapted by Ruth Perry from the book by L. Frank Baum and is presented through special arrangement with Dramatic Publishing, Inc, according to the publicity director.For the auditions:
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. for the Children ensemble only
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. for Teens and adults only
- Saturday, Dec. 7 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m.
Here are the requirements for the 15+ member cast:
- 6 Men, 7 Women (roles open to ages 16 to 100)
- 2 to 10 children's ensemble (open to children 10 years old and up for flying monkeys and munchkins)
- The theater needs Teen/young adult crew
- Scripts and sides will be provided for this non-musical play.
- All roles are available. Casting is open, and newcomers are especially welcomed.
- The cast will rehearse 2-3 times a week, be available for all evening during tech
- week (Dec. 1-6) and for all performances
- Actors need to arrive to sign in within the first hour of the audition start time.
Crew and other volunteers are also needed for the event. If interested, please contact email@example.com. For more information or directions, call 973-334-9320 ext. 5, or visit www.barntheatre.org