The Montville Reformed Church Women’s Guild is hosting its annual Apple Festival this Friday. If you’re craving more apples, head over to Conklin Farms. One of the features of the farm’s U-Pick holiday event is the donuts.
John Regan, who mans the donut hut, is proud of their homemade donuts made from “an apple cider mix.”
“Some people come just for the donuts,” said Regan, adding that they also have apples, candy apples, apple cider, jams and butters for sale as well. Although there is no apple picking allowed on site, they are orchard fresh apples.
U-Pick started this past Saturday and runs through Halloween. Here’s a look at some of the features of U-Pick:
- Thousands of pumpkins of varying shapes, colors and sizes. Pick the ones you want and pay for them by the pound.
- The barn store has painted pumpkins, gourds, indian corn, scarecrows, straw, mums and more fall decor
- Fresh baked pumpkin or apple pie
- Hayride - Regular and Haunted (the haunted one is not recommended for young children under 8). Regan said that the haunted hayride starts this weekend
- Free corn maze
- snack shack and hot dog cart
- Farm animals - goats and bunnyville
- Try out the slingshot game for a chance to win a 100+ pound pumpkin
Regan said that most of the attractions are up and running on weekends only. During the week, you can shop at the Barn Store.U-Pick is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.