- Laugh it up when Women of Smoke Rise present Kiki Melendez & The Hot Tamales Friday night. The comedy show features acts from Showtime, Comedy Central and The Hollywood Improv: Nadine Rajabi, Valentino, Vanessa Hollingshead, Johnny Ray and Jody Wasserman. The 21 and over show benefits Tri-Boro First Aid Squad & WSR Scholarship Fund. The performance takes place at Smoke Rise Village Inn, 9 Perimeter Road in Kinnelon. Tickets are $65. For more information, contact Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you like shopping, you're sure to love this. The 89th Annual Bazaar will transform three floors of the Parish House of the Presbyterian Church in Morristown into a festive shopping marketplace. Check out the Nearly New Shop from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. for gifts, the Unique Boutique for collectibles and a Kids' World featuring tous, games and sports equipment. Show the children the pumpkin patch on the front lawn and enjoy the music of New York folk group the Lords of Lichtenstein. Homemade soup, sandwiches, wraps and desserts are served at lunch. All proceeds from the free-admission event support mission work, much of it within Morristown. For more details, go to http://www.pcmorristown.org/participate/bazaar. (Opening night shopping is available Friday from 7-9 p.m. for a $10 donation. Appetizers and dessert will be served as you shop, and dealers are welcome.)
- Chatham's St. Patrick Parish hosts its fourth annual St. Pat’s Community 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run Sunday beginning at 10 a.m. The race—whose proceeds benefit the parish, St. Patrick School and local organizations in memory of the Rev. Edward Hinds—is USA Track & Field sanctioned through the streets in Chatham. Participants can register online at www.stpat5k.org to sign up for the 5K run and 1 Mile Fun run. Entry fee is $25. The church is at 45 Chatham St.
- Benefit the Christopher and Susan Phillips Foundation Scholarship Program by attending its foundation's 3rd Annual Wine Tasting and Tricky Tray noon-3 p.m. at Villa Rose Wine School, 111 Kings Road in Madison. Registration is $20; the fee includes the wine tasting, a wine glass, light fare and a tricky tray raffle.
- Interested gardeners are invited to an Open House at The Land Conservancy of New Jersey’s Community Garden at South Branch Preserve. Register to purchase 10 x 10 foot plots for the 2014 season, the garden’s second year of operation. The 2014 gardening season will run from March 15 to Nov. 15. The annual membership rate for Land Conservancy members is $30 per plot; the rate for
non-residents and non-members is $40. There is a one-time irrigation fee of $30 for each plot, paid the first year only. For additional information, to reserve a plot or to volunteer, contact Barbara McCloskey at The Land Conservancy of New Jersey at 973-541-1010, ext. 14, email email@example.com or visit www.tlc-nj.org. The community garden is located at the intersection of Wolfe Road and Route 46 East in Budd Lake.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something