- Is your child’s car seat properly installed? Three in four are not. Shade Tree Garage, in Morristown, is offering free child safety seat checks on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. Nationally certified child passenger safety technicians will check your child’s car seat for proper installation and use. Appointments are required: Call 973-540-9880 to make an appointment.
- Start off the new year working toward good health. Family First HomeCare offers free blood pressure screenings at the Health and Wellness Day at ShopRite of Greater Morristown. Knowledge is power, folks. The event run 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the eye-popping new supermarket, which is located at 178 E. Hanover Ave.
- Parsippany Baptist Church invites you to a celebration of India's 65th Republic Day. The event will feature fun, fellowship and, organizers say, an opportunity to discover the meaning of true freedom and peace! The fun starts at 4 p.m. at Parsippany Baptist Church, 1179 Littleton Road in Parsippany.
- Enjoy an evening of contemporary and theatrical dance works this weekend when Modern Renaissance "X" 2014 hits the stage in Madison. The show will feature performances by dance troupes Zaman Dance Theatre Collective, Solo Danza, The Well Performance Project and Flux by Lauren Connolly. The night will include Dance Theatre Collective's premiere of the full-length work "Cries of Atrocity, A Reflection of the Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Atrocity." The dance event takes place Saturday at 7 p.m. at the F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre at Drew University, 36 Madison Ave. in Madison. Tickets are $20 for general admission and $15 for students and seniors; they may be purchased online.
- Celebrate the New Year of the Trees in the Kabbalah tradition. Temple Adath Shalom in Parsippany hosts a special Community Tu b'Shevat Seder that presents an opportunity for participants to gather to focus on repairing the world and releasing "the holy spark within each fruit." The event runs from 10:30 a.m. to noon Sunday at the synagogue at 841 Mountain Way.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something