As preparation for Montville's Annual Relay for Life is underway, so is Montville's Bark for Life, an American Cancer Society canine event to fight cancer.
"It is a family friendly program and is a non-competitive walk event for dogs and their owners, raising funds and awareness in the fight against cancer. It will take place rain or shine," said Roberta Ginsberg in her Patch post. "By supporting “Bark for Life”, you help us save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Let’s lick cancer away – one pooch at a time."
Bark for Life will be Saturday, April 26 at the Montville Community Park, 130 Changebridge Road, Montville.
Registration starts at 3 p.m. and the walk will begin at 4 p.m. There will be plenty of vendors and the event will conclude at 5:30 p.m.
It's $15 per dog if paid by April 19 and $20 per dog the day of. Make checks payable to: American Cancer Society and send to: Montville’s Bark for Life, c/o 8 Lorraine Drive, Pine Brook, NJ 07058
Here are a few other features of the event:
- Feel free to bring a photo or make a poster of a loved one affected by cancer to the event.
- Raffles and contests: Longest Sit, Best Bark, Best Trick, Best Costume, Best Owner/Dog Look Alike
- Bring a bag of cat litter and/or kitten/dog food to the event to support the Montville Animal Shelter.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times (6 ft. max and non-retractable leashes only).
- Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations.
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their dog.
- We reserve the right to turn away dogs that are a threat to other participants.