- William Mason roof replacement: substantially completed
- Replaced and updated broilers in Hilldale: Currently ongoing, anticipated completion date is end of September
- “Another long, ongoing project … is lighting upgrades … It’s part of a Green initiative and through that initiative, we’ve received a significant grant, 70 percent funding from the EPU,” said Tevis. “We were able to upgrade lighting in four of our elementary schools. This project will be substantially completed in the next week or so. We’re about 85 percent done.”
- Classroom of the Future at Valley View: substantially completed
- Woodmont exterior path project: Substantial completion before school starts around Sept. 6
- Wireless networking systems at Hilldale, Woodmont and Lazar: substantially completed and ready to go
- Rewired William Mason school: substantially completed
- Intercom system upgrades at the elementary schools: Should be done before school starts.
- Expansion Principal’s office: Substantially completed
- Replaced and updated broilers at the high school: Currently ongoing, anticipated completion date is end of September
- Renovate boys and girls locker rooms at the high school and gym renovations: “That has been delayed a bit, but we anticipate substantial completion somewhere from mid to end of October.” He added, “we have some contingency plans so that athletics goes on uninterrupted. There will be limited lockers and limited use of the showers … a detailed letter will be sent out to the high school principal in the next day or so.”
- Brand new press box at the high school: “The demolition will happen in a week or so … The new press box is slated to go in by the end of September … and ready to go before our first home football game. I think everybody’s going to be pleasantly surprised. It’s going to be a 2-story modular unit with a sound system. We’re all very excited about it.”
- Portable trailer restrooms: Anticipated delivery and installation in the middle of September
- Renovations to the Mustang Shack, the concession stand: Substantial completion is expected at the end of September
- Ongoing project since the last year or so is the replacement of doors and locks at the high school. That project should be done in a week or week and a half before school starts.
- “In the budget this year for the 13-14 school year was the purchase of a brand new softball field score board. The scoreboard has been ordered. It will be delivered and installed in 6-8 weeks.”
- Refurbishing and refinishing of high school gym floor: Substantially completed
- Projector and screen: Should be done at the end of August
- Upgrade to voicemail and sound system: Should be done Sept. 6
- "We’re looking at adding some cameras to the high school parking lot and doing some security upgrades,” said Tevis: Should be done by end of winter break at end of December."
Air conditioning: “Involves six of our seven school buildings and was made possible by a budgeted portion by the board of education and donations on behalf of the PTAs.”
Equipment has all been confirmed and ordered. We expect to get equipment in the next two weeks and installation … will happen ongoing as we go through to the early spring.”
Cedar Hill Home and School, Robert R. Lazar Middle School PTC, Hilldale PTC, Valley View PTA , William Mason Home and School and Woodmont PTA provided the district a total of $143,628 in classroom air conditioners and labor.
These following projects were slightly delayed this summer, but moving forward and should be substantially completed within the next two months or so:
- High School interior improvement project
- Division of art room at Hilldale
- Add classroom to media center at Lazar