“The appointment of Board Members to Standing Committees was tabled until the next meeting to give new board members a chance to review the committee needs,” said Susan Conover Marinello, District Communications Officer.
The following appointments were also approved unanimously on Tuesday:
- Jim Tevis — board secretary, public agency compliance officer and Custodian of Records
- Barbara Staada — assistant to the board secretary
- The firm of Schwartz, Simon, Edelstein and Celso in Whippany — board attorney for the 2014 calendar year. “The contractual amount is approximately $7,500 for the work to be performed” plus up to $163 per hour for partners, $168 per hour for special education and construction,$153 per hour for senior associates, $143 per hour for junior associates, per the firm’s proposal and agreement
- Lerch, Vinci & Higgins of Fair Lawn — Public School Auditor. “The contractual amount is approximately $25,750 plus rates for other financial and accounting services as needed per the firm’s proposal.”
- Parette Somjen Architects of Rockaway — Architect of Record for the 2014 calendar year “at a fee not to exceed $160 per hour per the firm’s proposal and agreement”
- NJPIP, Brown & Brown Advisors, T.L. Groseclose Associates, Inc —Insurance Agents
- Casey Shorter — Affirmative Action Officer and Section 504 Officer
- Kelly McCorkle and Carol Caballero — Student Assistance Coordinators
- Lee Suckno — Psychological Examiner
- Steven Toth, Facilities Manager —Environmental & Safety Officer
- Anthony Cannilla — School Dentist
- Joelle Rehberg —School Physician “at an annual fee (prorated) of $21,000 plus $95 per hour for employee examinations, $95 per hour for special education reports, $175 per hour for special education examinations and reports and $250 for football scrimmage or play-off game attendance.
- School Principals —attendance officers
“Recent changes to the Public School Contracts Law gave boards of education the ability to increase their bid threshold up to $36,000,” which the board approved and also appointed Jim Tevis, as the qualified purchasing agent.
Among other items the board approved was the code of ethics for school board members and the Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Report.