Since bomb threats on both days were found written in a bathroom, "we’ll be restricting use of bathrooms," Superintendent Paul Fried said. "We did not open all the bathrooms and had monitors at each of the (open) bathrooms and kids had to be signed in."
He added that bathrooms will be periodically checked.
Although there were several bomb threats last year, this is a new scenario for the district.
“Last year we had five (bomb threats) all together. One at each of our four elementary schools and one at our high school,” said Fried. “The one at the high school was at night during evening activities. There were none at the high school during the day.”
He said local and county officials are investigating it and “we’re investigating it through our own administration, looking into the situation and speaking with kids."
He said he sent out a Honeywell message to parents Monday night to inform them of the status.On Friday, grades 9-11 were evacuated to Lazar Middle School, and seniors to the Community Center. On Monday, all students were evacuated to Montville Community Park.
"Weather allowed us to keep the kids outside," Fried said.
Related Patch Posts: