Morris county started emergency repairs to the bridge on Church Lane on Friday. The repairs, which are between the new Animal Shelter at 7 Church Lane and the Board of Education offices / Montville Fire Department building at 86 River Road, will last for four weeks. Church Lane will be closed to all traffic in both directions at the bridge, so use the detours on Millers Lane or River Road.
There will be multiple milling and paving projects in September as well throughout the township. With these projects, one lane of the affected roads will be kept open with alternating traffic. Montville Police Department will direct traffic and although the township does not have exact dates that each street will be worked on because of weather and other factors, the work was scheduled to start this past Wednesday and will last about two weeks.
Here's a look at the progress of these projects:
- Orchard Drive (entire length) - Milling complete 9/11
- LeMans Place (entire length) - Milling complete 9/11
- East Cheryl Road (Lorraine Drive to Orchard Drive + 100 ft.) - Milling complete 9/11
- Konner Avenue (#107 Konner to Hilldale + 100 ft.) - Milling in progress 9/12
- Foremost Mountain Road (Passaic Valley Road 515 feet eastward) - Milling in progress 9/12
- River Road (Route 202 to Vreeland Avenue) - Milling scheduled 9/13 - 9/17
- Rathbun Road (entire length except culvert crossing area)
- Adamary Place (entire length)
- Maple Avenue (Bloomfield Avenue to New Maple Avenue)
- Riverside Drive (entire length)
- Chapin Road (#8 Chapin to Riverside Drive)
Also, if time and weather permit, the following streets in the area of the recently completed Plausha Park water main project will be milled and repaved this year:
- Forest Place (entire length)
- Redding Place (Barney Lane to Forest Hill Road)
- Forest Hill Road (Forest Place to Redding Place)
- Barney Lane (Two Bridges Road to Forest Place)
- Roome Road (entire length)
- Two Bridges Road (short distance on either side of Barney Lane)
If you have any questions or concerns, call the Engineering Department at (973) 331-3323.