The Giudices, stars
of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” have requested to have separate trials so Joe Giudice, who is not planning to testify on his own behalf, can "exonerate" his wife.
According to Joe Giudice's attorney, Miles Feinstein, Teresa was not aware of properties and businesses bought or owned in her name and she was unaware her signature was forged by her husband, his former business partner Joseph Mastropole and his attorney Fred Roughgarden, according to NJ.com.
Teresa Giudice's attorney, Henry Klingeman, has also filed a similar motion that states if the trials are not separated, his client will not be able to invoke her marital privilege to not testify against her husband, the article said.
The Towaco residents pleaded not guilty in November to two new fraud charges regarding bank and loan application fraud. This brings their new total of indictments up to 41 counts.
Joe Giudice also has other trials in 2014 for charges related to fraudulently obtaining a state driver’s license from the Paterson branch of the Motor Vehicle Office in June 2010 using his brother’s ID.
Related Patch Posts:
- Joe Giudice Faces Two Possible Trials in 2014
- ‘Real Housewives’ Star Joe Giudice, Driving Maserati, Pulled Over Again
- 'Housewives' Giudices Plead Not Guilty for New Fraud Charges
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice's Court Date Delayed ... Again
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice Cited for Careless Driving in School Zone
- 'Real Housewives' Giudices are 'Going Down,' Nancy Grace Predicts
- New Court Date Set for 'Housewives' Joe Guidice For Forgery Charges
- New Forgery Trial Date for Real Housewives' Joe Giudice To be Set Monday
- Joe Giudice Court Date Set for End of Month
- Housewives' Teresa and Joe Giudice Speak Out on Indictments on Bravo
- 'Real Housewives' Star's Trial Date Postponed
- 'Real Housewives' Stars Plead Not Guilty to Fraud
- Giudice May Have Forged 'Real Housewives' Star's Signature
- 'Housewives' Cast Members Could Testify in Giudice Fraud Case
- 'Real Housewives' Husband Faces Deportation if Convicted of Fraud
- 'Real Housewives' Teresa, Joe Giudice Indicted on Fraud Charges
'Real Housewives' Husband Gets New Trial Date
- 'Real Housewives' Giudice's Trial Delayed Again
- Trial Date Set for 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice
- 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice Headed to Trial
- Teresa Giudice Could Testify in Husband's Fraud Trial
- 'Housewives' Husband Giudice Rejects Plea Deal
- Joe Giudice Indicted on Charge of Using Brother's ID
- Joe Giudice Charged With Possessing Fraudulent ID