Children of Montville Township residents, who will be five-years-old on or before October 1, 2014, are eligible for Montville Township Public School kindergarten classes.
Each of Montville Township’s five elementary schools will hold Kindergarten Screening this spring. Kindergarten Screening for the 2014-2015 school year begins at some Montville Township elementary schools as early as March 31, 2014.
Prior to screening, Montville Township parents and guardians with kindergarten-aged children are reminded to register students on-line at www.montville.net. Residents should click on the Kindergarten Registration tab on the right side of the screen under Site Shortcuts for complete information and forms.
Dates for 2014 Kindergarten Screenings for each of Montville Township’s public elementary schools are as follows:
· CEDAR HILL: APRIL 28 – MAY 2
· HILLDALE: APRIL 21, 22, 23, 29, 30
· VALLEY VIEW: MARCH 31, APRIL 1, 2
· WILLIAM MASON: MARCH 31 – APRIL 3
· WOODMONT: APRIL 21, 22, 23, 24
Students must be registered on-line in order to participate in Kindergarten Screening.
Parents and guardians of eligible students must furnish the following at their child's Kindergarten Screening:
· An original birth certificate with raised seal (Will be copied and returned)
· Immunization verification for: Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus (DPT), Polio, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
In addition to the above documentation, parents or guardians must also supply proof of residency at the time of Kindergarten Screening. Complete information regarding residency requirements can be found on-line when registering.