With the new year upon us, the Montville performing arts department is preparing for 2014 with a slew of upcoming rehearsals.
Although Miguel Bolivar, Marching Band Director, is still searching for a pianist and auxiliary percussionist for the high school group, see below for a look at the line up for Jazz Ensemble for the middle and high schools. Their first rehearsal was just before the winter break.
The season began at the start of the school year with band boot camp.
The Montville Township Field Corps presented their 2013 show “In the Face of Adversity,” which had original music by Bolivar and Joseph Bergen, Drill Design by David Caravella and Colorguard Design by Mandi Jerome.
In September, the Montville High School Field Corps proudly walked away from their first competition this season with second place out of 13 schools; they traveled to Morris Knolls High School for a Gold Star Show marching band competition.
The Montville High School Marching Band won third place in the 2013 Yamaha Cup competition held at MetLife Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 5, competing in group 3 Open with three other bands.
They took fourth place at the New Jersey States
Competition at Rutgers on Oct. 19 and placed 10th in the National
competition at Met Life Stadium on Nov. 9, according to NorthJersey.com.
Montville also hosted its own annual marching band competition, the Mustang Fall Classic, which brings 15 New Jersey marching bands to compete at Montville Township High School on Oct. 26.
Coming this year, these are the following performances, according to NorthJersey.com:
- USBands Indoor Preview Competition
- WGI (Winter Guard International) Regional Competition in Connecticut
- USBands Indoor Championship in New Jersey, participation at the Lincoln Center Chamber Ensemble Concert in New York City
- Several performances at the Youth New Music Concert with FTM (Face the Music) in Montville and New York City
- The Northern NJ Percussion Festival will be hosted for the first time Winter Percussion directors Bergen, Jim Bogert and Bolivar at the Lazar Middle School March 8
MTHS Jazz Ensemble
- Alto Sax 1- Karina Barretto, Madison Gamba
- Alto Sax 2- Joe Puleo, Serena Huang
- Tenor Sax 1- Sean McGuire
- Tenor Sax 2- Srinath D.
- Baritone Sax- Anantha K.
- Trombone 1- Theodore Paz
- Trombone 2- Thomas Sansone
- Trombone 3- Alex Wang
- Trombone 4- Daniel Lee
- Trumpet 1- Steven Tarr
- Trumpet 2- Harrison Sonn
- Trumpet 3- Scott Haversang, James Bassil
- Trumpet 4- Ethan Huang
- Bass- Jacob Weisgal
- Piano- TBA
- Drumset- Michael Gelvan
- Percussion- TBA
- Guitar- Somya Gambhir
LMS Jazz Ensemble
- Alto Sax 1 -Erin McGuire, Allen Zhu
- Alto Sax 2- Jonathan Wang, Milo Anderson
- Tenor Sax 1-Solomon Szeto
- Tenor Sax 2- Lorrin Stone
- Baritone Sax- Ganesh Arunachalam
- Trombone 1- Alex Wang
- Trombone 2- Venkat Gokaraju
- Trombone 3- Joseph Slunt
- Trombone 4- Daniel Lee, Seb Roclore
- Trumpet 1- Akif Patel, Charles Roy
- Trumpet 2-Rishi Meswani, Joey Heaney
- Trumpet 3-Connor Phalen, Michael Kaiser
- Trumpet 4-Nick Lopez, Paul Shmuchkevich
- Piano- Riyanna Patel
- Bass- Jack Motherway
- Guitar- William O’Donnell
- Drumset- Matt Moldawsky
- Percussion- Jackson Kroll