- Gallopo has lived in Montville for 12 years
- Party Line: Republican incumbent
- Age: 50
- Family: Married 25 years to wife Michele, sons Scott Jr. (22) and Matthew (14). Scott graduated NYU this year after attending MTHS, and Matthew is currently attending MTHS.
- What is your education background? BS Finance Lehigh University, 1985
- Why do you think you are qualified for this position? When I ran for my first term in 2010, I stated that 20+ years working in the private sector for a large Fortune 100 company had given me the "Experience That Matters". For those of you who feel that government should be run more like a business, a candidate who has a proven track record of success operating large businesses for many years should be the clear choice. I have spent the last 3 years applying private sector principles to our local government resulting in a smaller, more efficient, more productive and more transparent municipal government. http://www.scott4montville.net/Bio.html
- Why are you running for this elected office? I would like the opportunity to serve a second term on the Township Committee so I can continue working toward helping keep Montville Township affordable, and to maintain a transparent and open government, while preserving our sense of community. We have made great strides over the last three years stabilizing the taxes, and we have reduced municipal debt by over 20% during that same period. Our “Paperless Meeting” agenda gives the public full access to all supporting documents that we use during our TC meetings for each item on the agenda. These documents are attached as links to the agenda, and the agenda is published on the municipal website for easy access before, during and after our meetings. I would like to build on these and many other successful initiatives to ensure that Montville is both an affordable, safe and enjoyable place to live in the future.
- What are the three issues that most concern you? In my opinion, there is one core issue/goal that should be the focus of every Montville Township Committee now and in the future - Ensuring that Montville Township is an affordable, safe and enjoyable place to live and raise a family. We need to continue to responsibly deliver quality services and programs within the same budget constraints we experience in our own personal lives - We need to stay the course with respect to debt reduction and prudent budgeting. Succession planning, re-development, shared services, infrastructure investments, ordinance and policy reviews, improving the lines of communication between the municipality and the residents, and fee reductions are all very much on my radar screen as well.
- Have you held elected office before? Please provide details of what position and for how long. I am a Montville Township Committeeman elected to my first term in 2010.
- What organizations do you belong to? Montville Township Committee, Republican Club, MTHS Marching Band Boosters, 4th of July Committee
- Campaign Website: Scott4Montville.net
Editor's Note: Patch will be posting these candidate questionnaires in the order that they are received back. For candidates who have not heard from Patch, please contact Kim@patch.com.
For township council, there are four candidates running for two committee seats with 3-year terms.
For the school board, there are four candidates running for three seats with 3-year terms.
- Diane M. Bordonaro
- John Morella (incumbent)
- Carmela Novi (incumbent)
- Michael F. O’Brien
For the unexpired 2-year term available on the board, David Modrak is running unchallenged.