- Incumbent Morella has lived in Montville (Towaco) for 12 years
- Age: 44
- Family: Wife: Anna Morella , Daughter: Juliana Morella Son: Luke Morella
- Education background? Finance Degree - Rutgers University.
- Why do you think you are qualified for this position? I have served on the Montville Board of Education since 2010 and I am seeking Re-Election. With my vast experience working with schools systems and Boards of Education, I consider myself a huge asset to the Montville School system. My Finance background, experience in managing grants and their budgets is an area where I provide assistance to the district. Along with, contributing my knowledge of state laws and agreements, when it comes to juveniles and schools. Education is the key to success and I would like to continue to have the opportunity to contribute to the Montville Board of Education by Putting Montville Students First to achieve this success.
- West Orange Police Officer for 19 years; Promoted to Sergeant in 2006
- Supervisor of the School Resource Officer Program (SRO), Community Services Unit and Traffic Bureau
- Involved with the writing, maintenance and finalizing of multiple federal, state and county grants
Knowledgeable in the Following Areas
- Memorandum of Agreement between Education and Law Enforcement Officials
- School and Student Policies and Procedures
- State and Federal recommended School Lockdown Procedures
- School Safety and Security
- New Jersey Educational and Department of Children Protection and Permanency (DCPP) Laws
Programs Initiated and Involved with
and Oversaw the New Jersey’s Largest School Mock Active Shooter
Program in conjunction with Picatinny Arsenal, Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security, to help enhance School Safety
- Co-founder of the New
Jersey Association of School Resource Officers
- One of 250 people invited to President Bush's White House School Security Summit as President of NJASRO
- Assisted in getting a state mandated curriculum passed and made into law requiring for School Resource Officers to be trained prior to being placed into a school
- Continue to Control Budgets that Support Academic Excellence
- Continue to Improve Safety and Security in the Montville School District
- Continue helping Open Communication between the Board and the District's Parents, Students, teachers and Administrators
Editor's Note: Patch will be posting these candidate questionnaires in the order that they are received back. For candidates who have not heard from Patch, please contact Kim@patch.com.
For township council, there are four candidates running for two committee seats with 3-year terms.
For the school board, there are four candidates running for three seats with 3-year terms.
- Diane M. Bordonaro
- John Morella (incumbent)
- Carmela Novi (incumbent)
- Michael F. O’Brien
For the unexpired 2-year term available on the board, David Modrak is running unchallenged.