Montville Patch will be updating this post with information as it becomes available. If you know something we don't have listed, shoot us an email at email@example.com
- All Montville Township Public Schools will be closed Friday.
Township officials said they have been given an estimate from JCP&L that outages could last between 7 and 10 days, or possibly even longer. No further updates have been provided that indicate a shorter timeframe.
The township has set up three comforting stations, where residents can get warmth and plug in electronic devices, and two shelters for residents in need:
- Montville Fire Station 1 (106 Route 202, at the corner of Taylortown Road)-comforting station
- Towaco Fire Station (27 Whitehall Road)-comforting station
- Pine Brook Fire Station (47 Old Bloomfield Avenue)-comforting station and shelter for those with a serious need with a limited number of cots available
- Cedar Hill Elementary School-full shelter with restroom facilities, cots and a separate sheltering section for pets
Shower facilities are also available daily at Montville Township High School from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
UPDATE: Garbage Pickup
Township officials said residents in Section 1 and Section 2 should expect to have garbage and recycling picked up on Thursday (Section 1) and Friday (Section 2).
Township officials do not anticipate any interruptions to water or sewer service.