You Can Laugh While They're Still Standing
Comedians from NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' will be at Community Theater this weekend.
This weekend, we have a group of option for you that can take your mind off of a snow-filled, possibly stressful, week. A few of those distractions will make you laugh, while some will put your mind on the arts (speaking of the arts, let's not forget that "ART" opens at the Barn Theatre this Friday). As always, more information about the events, along with addresses for the venues, can be found by clicking the links.
- Laugh at Them On the Small Screen, See Them on Stage–Are you a fan of "Last Comic Standing" or find any particular comedian on the show a riot? This weekend, you have a chance to see the stars of the NBC show up-close-and-personal. Those comedians who you saw during the summer on television are now performing at the Community Theater in Morristown at 8 p.m. on Saturday. Ticket prices vary, and can be purchased here.
- Check out Some Local Art, Locally–Drip coffee shop in Madison has been a destination for hot drinks and art for area residents for a while now. Currently, the art on display is by Morristown native Ward Vogt. Vogt is a landscape photographer, whose images of historic towns like Madison, Boonton, Mountain Lakes and Morristown will be at Drip through January. You can grab a cup this weekend and check out some unique local art. If you feel like driving a little farther, you can head to Lyndhurst and check out another Morristown artist's work, Mark de Mos, at the Flyway Gallery.
- Help Individuals Get What They Can't From Government–On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Long Valley Woman's Club will be hosting what they are calling a non-food shower at the town's first aid squad. The club will be collecting items such as cleaning supplies, paper products, and diapers for a local food bank. The purpose, according to the event's listing, is to help with items not eligible for purchase with food stamps.
- Listen, Watch Something Different–If you are interested in experiencing something in music that may not be what you're used to, head to the Community Theater in Morristown on Sunday at 3 p.m. The Eletfa Hungarian Folk Band will be presenting a show featuring music, dance, culture, and traditional folklore. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased here.
- Relax with Some Old-School Comedy–After a long week filled with snow and stress, it's nice to just watch something you can get lost in and laugh at. The Madison Public Library is having a Three Stooges medley on Sunday from 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. There will be free popcorn and all ages are invited to attend. For more information, you can call 973-377-0722 or e-mail email@example.com.