Montville Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Montville and Morris County.
As Election Day approaches Tuesday, Montville Patch will be bringing you all the information you need to know before heading to the polls. We will also bring you election results as soon as they are made available.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
For now, check out the candidates and the races by clicking on the links below.
- Montville Township Committee: Incumbent Republican Don Kostka will seek re-election to a second term against Democrat Mike O'Brien after winning the June 5 GOP primary against Republican Annabel Pierce.
- Montville Board of Education: Three incumbent board members will seek reelection in November. Board President Dr. Karen Cortellino, Jon Alin and Charles Grau will all be running.
- Morris County Freeholders: Three regular-term seats are up for election, with Democrats Wasim Kahn, Toshiba Foster (Morristown) and Joy Singh taking on GOP candidates John Cesaro, John Krickus and David Scapicchio. Republican Hank Lyon will face Democrat Truscha Quatrone for an unexpired term.
- 26th District New Jersey Assembly: Republican Assemblywoman Betty Lou DeCroce, who is currently filling the unexpired term husband of her late husband Alex DeCroce, who died in January, will face Democrat Joseph Raich, of Parsippany, to fill the second year of the term.
- 11th Congressional District: Longtime Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, who faced no opposition in the GOP primary, will take on Democratic Challenger John Arvanites, who also had no opponents in the primary.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.