Letter: MEF Fundraiser a Success
Educational organization fundraised at the Barn Theatre.
The following is a Letter to the Editor submitted by Michael Abramson, president of the Montville Education Foundation. If you would like to submit a letter, send it to email@example.com.
"The Montville Educational Foundation (MEF) would like to thank everyone who helped make our inaugural Barn Theatre fundraising event – hosting the Friday, March 23 performance of Lend Me A Tenor - such a great success! We promised you would laugh, eat, drink and have a great night, and boy did we deliver,” Michael Abramson, president of the MEF, said.
In addition to a terrific show, there was a 50/50 Raffle & Lia Sophia jewelry available for purchase. Tickets also included a complimentary cocktail reception with wine, beer, soda, water and cheese, crackers and light fare. Coffee, tea and a variety of delicious, custom-made desserts were also included.
Abramson said that the MEF would like to recognize and applaud the following individuals and businesses who so graciously donated time, talent and/or resources to make it such a special evening:
- Opening Act: The Montville Township High School Chamber Ensemble: Danielle Angelini, Blair Choi, Zoe Dickert, Sydney Friedman, Rachel Lindskog, Jason Mahr, Tim Shim, Lauren Shatz, Sage Spitz, Eric Swagger, Gabe Weiss, Hayley Wilderotter and Tiffany Wu, led by Michelle Uhler–Fine, Performing and Practical Arts
- Specially-designed cupcakes by MTHS student Jared Plaxe, courtesy of Michele Baldino – Family & Consumer Science Teacher
- Hand-crafted cupcake display by MTHS student Justin Nebesnak, courtesy of Robert Levchik –Industrial Arts Teacher
- Custom pastries by Morris County School of Technology, Culinary Arts Academy
- Lia Sophia fundraiser sale courtesy of Rose Rispoli and Maria Cattano
- MEF Trustees/Barn Theatre Committee Members: Cindy Abramson, Michael Abramson, Ron Ascher, John Capo, Nancy Cheng, Norm Feld, Kerry Laurito, Daria Senaldi, Valerie Stefanelli, Monica Trogani and Michael Weinstein
A very special thank you to The Barn Theatre, Roy Bogert and their amazing, wonderful staff!
Abramson further stated that “the event wouldn’t have been possible without the help of our MEF Trustees, friends, school staffs, neighborhood businesses and you… our many generous supporters! Thank you for helping to make a difference for the children of Montville.”
The MEF provides the children of Montville with the best educational experience possible. We are a private, non-profit, non-political organization. One hundred percent of the funds we raise are used to fulfill grant applications from teachers and other administrators whose innovative ideas and dreams of worthy school projects require additional funding to come to fruition. To learn more about the MEF, visit www.mefgrants.com.