Fire Rips Through Lake Valhalla Home
Cause of fire is still unknown but neighborhood remains without power.
An afternoon fire destroyed much of a Macleay Road home, in the Lake Valhalla section of Montville, Tuesday afternoon.
Montville Township police Capt. Ed Rosellini said the cause of the fire is still unknown, but that the neighborhood remained without power since Tropical Storm Sandy made landfall Oct. 29. Rosellini said it is possible that a generator or candle inside the home caused the fire. A few streets away, power trucks with linemen could be seen working on restoring the lines.
Officials responded just before 3 p.m. An officer on the scene said no one was home at the time of the incident.
Patch will have updates on this story.