Celebrate Seuss With the Family
Ways for your and yours to get out together this week.
Beloved (by me, at least) child author Dr. Seuss turns 107 today. Celebrate his works at the Montville Library this afternoon from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The event includes games, snacks and activities for kids of all age.
If you are looking for something to do with the whole family later in the week, we've got that covered, too:
- Dr. Suess Storytime Where/When: 10 a.m. at Barnes & Noble in Morris Plains on Thursday, March 3
Why Go: Because parents can reminisce while introducing their children to a classic children’s author.
- “Peter and the Wolf” Performance Where/When: Morris Plains Borough School on Friday, March 4 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Why Go: Because the Pushcart Players Acting Company, a professional theater group, will put on this performance of a classic play.
Pricing: $5 for adults, free for senior citizens and children younger than 18.
- Open Mic, Open To All Ages Where/When: The Music Den in Butler on Friday, March 4 from 8 to 10 p.m.
Why Go: If your family is musically inclined, why not
- Pricing: Free
- Therapy Dog Reading for First- and Second-Graders Where/When: At the Butler Public Library from 10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 5
Why Go: First and second grade readers can practice with a Saluki mix breed named “Snuggles,” a pressure-free 15-minute reading practice session.
Pricing: Free, but each child must be registered by either calling 973-838-3262 or by heading to the Butler Public Library circulation desk.
- Winter Search Party Where/When: Pyramid Mountain Historic Area from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 5
Why Go: Because families with children age five or older can learn what clues to look for to figure out which animals spent the winter on Pyramid Mountain.
Pricing: $1, pre-registration required at 973-334-3130
- “Pippi Longstocking” Performance Where/When: At the Community Theatre in Morristown on Sunday, March 6 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Why Go: Because many children love Pippi Longstocking, and many also love musicals. This has both! For ages 5 or older.
Pricing: $12. For tickets or more information, see the Community Theatre’s website.